These NY Strip Steaks with Gorgonzola Mushroom Cream Sauce is your solution, satisfying those craving for a crusty steak smothered with funky, umami flavors. Simplify your meal plans and get out that skillet.
This recipe was created for Derek Wolf at Over the Fire Cooking. Go check out the recipe below!
1. Season the room-temp NY Strip steaks generously with the Bourbon Prime rub.
2. Preheat your charcoal grill for direct cooking at medium-high heat (around 375F).
3. Preheat your cast-iron skillet over the fire with the canola oil for 1 minute. Once hot, place each of the steaks down carefully.
4. Cook the steaks for about 4 minutes on the first side. Once you flip, add the butter, garlic, and thyme into the skillet. Tilt the skillet slightly and baste the steaks with a spoon. You’ll be cooking for about another 4-6 minutes. Once the steaks are at your target temperature, pull them off to rest. You’ll want to pull the steaks around 125-130F internal temp for medium-rare.
5. As the steaks rest, add the sliced mushrooms to the pan. Cook them for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until you see the liquid evaporating. Once the liquid is mostly gone, add in the Worcestershire and minced garlic. Stir to cook for 1 minute, and add in the room-temp cream, and then the crumbled gorgonzola. Stir and cook until it reduces and thickens to desired consistency, about 5-6 minutes.
6. Slice the steaks and serve with the creamy sauce. Enjoy!
▬▬▬▬▬ Say “Hi” on Social ▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬ Cooking & Grilling Book Recommendations ▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬ Grilling & Cooking Equipment ▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬ Photography & Video Equipment ▬▬▬▬▬-
**Chiles and Smoke is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our content, we may earn an affiliate commission.**
#searedsteak #nystrip #shorts