Anna Olson’s chocolate truffles are legendary. Follow her instructions on how to make truffles and impress anyone who comes over. Recipe
This recipe makes about 60 truffles
DIRECTIONS FOR: ANNA OLSON’S CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES
For Chocolate Truffles
– 2 cup whipping cream
– 16 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
For Pistachio Brandy Truffles
– chopped pistachios for garnish
For Orange Truffles
– orange liqueur
– candied orange peel for garnish
For White & Dark Truffles
– white chocolate, melted
– dark chocolate, melted
Chocolate Truffles baking directions:
1. For the ganache, heat the cream until it just begins to simmer and then pour this over the 16 ounces of chopped chocolate. Let this sit a minute, then gently stir with a spatula starting at the centre and widening the circles until the chocolate has fully melted and the ganache is smooth. Divide the ganache into smaller bowls, and stir in desired flavourings (as below), then chill completely before shaping into truffles.
2. To make truffles, use a small ice cream scoop or a teaspoon to spoon out about ½-ounce of the ganache and shape into a ball by rolling between your palms. Place the truffles on a parchment-lined baking tray and chill until ready to roll or dip.
3. Roll the truffles into desired fillings (listed below) or dip into melted chocolate using truffle forks, shake off excess chocolate and place n a cooling rack that rests over a parchment-lined baking tray. Chill the truffles just to set them, but then store in a cool place.
Pistachio Brandy Truffles
1. Stir a little brandy (about 1 teaspoon into 1/3 of the ganache) into the ganache before chilling, then roll the shaped truffles in chopped pistachios.
1. Stir a little orange liqueur (about 1 teaspoon into 1/3 of the ganache) into the ganache before chilling, then dip the truffle in melted dark chocolate and place a small piece of candied orange peel on top before the chocolate sets.
White & Dark Truffles
1. Dip the truffle in melted white chocolate, then drizzle the truffles with melted dark chocolate. Or, dip the truffles in the dark chocolate and drizzle with white chocolate.
Subscribe for more video recipes: http://goo.gl/MJV4af
Shop Anna Olson Cookbooks:
– Follow Anna on social media:
Anna’s Official Website: http://annaolson.ca
– Follow Oh Yum on…
Official Oh Yum Website: https://ohyum.tv
Channel optimization by TubeBuddy: http://lickst.at/kgoJA05
24 Replies to “Professional Baker Teaches You How To Make CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES!”
If you wanted to use milk chocolate what is the cream ratio for the milk chocolate?
Hi How do you stop cholates from sticking to the wire grid? I made mini chocolate rolls and couldn't get them off. Thanks good video.
GREAT SPEAKING VOICE! Easy recipe!
When I dipped my truffle in the white chocolate the white chocolate turned brown ?
Mожна на русском языке?
I am literally watching 2022
Always you are unique ❤
How did you keep the chocolate from seizing?
Chopped pistachios ?
Orange liquior ?
Melted chocolate ?
Candied orange peel?
Melted white chocolate ?
Thank you for this tutorial Anna. Question please….how did you melt the white chocolate and what kind did you use?
Shelf life of the chocolate for sale pls rly?
When she rolls them it looks like blood ??
This looks messy AF!
Madam would like to know the shell life of this turffle
Nice recipe love from India
The ganache itself looked a bit too memory at room temp, even for a truffle, but I must say, I love the parchment paper as a tool to decorate. It's certainly more eco-friendly than using a plastic bag.
We have to store them at room temperature or in fridge
What's the shelf life.
Myself, I would add Bailey's to one and coffee (freeze-dried crystals that have been pounded to a fine powder) to the the other. Also good would be Amaretto for an almonds flavoring.
Is it sweetened whipping cream or unsweatened
Fun fact: I'm actually eating chocolate truffle
Orange liquor ?
Candied orange pieces ?
White chocolate ?
Dark chocolate ?
do they firm up to room temp, or does it have to be stored in the fridge
Comments are closed.