If You Would Like to Support My Channel:
Use code YT20 to get 20% off your purchase.
Connect with me on:
RECIPE INGREDIENTS AND COST BREAKDOWN FOR PATTIES:
1 bag dried black beans (6 cups cooked dried beans) = 1.39
1 cup uncooked old fashioned oats = 0.17
2 raw medium sized chopped onions = 0.45
6 tablespoons soy sauce = 0.90
3 tablespoons olive oil or cooking oil = 0.31
2 teaspoons paprika = 0.15
2 teaspoons garlic powder = 0.14
3/4 teaspoon black pepper = 0.12
$3.63/21 = 0.17 per black bean patty
COST BREAKDOWN PER SANDWICH
Black bean patty = 0.17
Hamburger bun = 0.13
1 tablespoon mayo = 0.10 cents
3 pickle slices = 0.05 cents
1/2 large slice lettuce = 0.04 cents
$0.49 per sandwich!!!
1. Crush cooked dried beans with masher, hands, or food processor.
2. Add oats and chopped onions.
3. Combine spices. Then add soy sauce and oil to spices.
4. Pour spice and soy sauce-oil mixture into bean mixture.
5. Combine well.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
7. Spray cookie sheets with non-stick spray.
8. Form 21 hamburger bun-sized patties and place 7 on each cookie sheet.
4. Bake patties for 23 to 25 minutes.
5. Eat or let cool to freeze.
1. Place 4 patties in each layer in zippered bags, in two layers per bag, with wax paper or paper bag layers between each patty layer.
1. Defrost patty and let come to room temperature if you do not want to reheat them. They do not have to be cooked again.
2. If you want to reheat them, microwave patty for 30-45 seconds, or steam patty in a steamer basket.
3. Use a spatula when turning patty or lifting them so they have support in case they are prone to crumbling.