I’ve been in countless business meetings with professionals where they do these two things when they speak, and it unintentionally undermines their credibility.
Instead of just sharing ideas, thoughts or perspectives with confidence at work, people often say something to ‘soften’ their communication.
• “I JUST want to say…”
• “I’m no expert, but…”
• “This might be a silly idea…”
• “I haven’t really thought this through…”
• “Sorry if this is going off track…”
While this self-effacing language is often use to create a more collegial or collaborative atmosphere among those you work with, it actually diminishes your message and weakens your position.
Scrap them! Be confident when you communicate. It WILL make a difference to how you’re perceived.
Free training for professional women: https://www.shadezahrai.com/audio-training
To find out more about Shadé, visit the website: https://www.shadezahrai.com
Follow her on:
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/shadezahrai/
• TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@shadezahrai
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/shadezahraispeaker
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/shadezahrai
Join her private FB group for professional women: https://www.facebook.com/groups/neurofemina/