Get my free Book Nook pattern and files at https://jennifermaker.com/diy-book-nook !
Learn how to make your own miniature world in a DIY book nook — without a kit!
You can bring any world to life with a DIY book nook! There are kits available, but you can make the nook right now with a cutting machine! I’ll even show you how to add a mirror for depth (inspired by Nerdforge: https://youtu.be/oR80TuOCoic ) and decorations!
I appreciate every subscriber. It’s free and easy to subscribe — just click here: http://bit.ly/sub2jennifer
MATERIALS (contains my affiliate links):
To make the book nook with a cutting machine like a Cricut:
* 5 Sheets Cricut 11″ x 11″ 2 mm Chipboard – https://amzn.to/3kvEx5x
* 1-5 Sheets 12″ x 12″ 65 lb Black/Patterned Cardstock – lining – https://amzn.to/3vZR7gl
* 4 Sheets printer paper – optional for Print Then Cut lining – https://amzn.to/3bUcsA1
* A method to cut your materials — I used the amazing Cricut Maker 3 but you can use the Cricut Maker ( https://jennifermaker.com/which-cricut-should-i-buy ) AND
* Knife Blade w/Housing – https://amzn.to/3KKLdXX AND
* Fine-Point Blade – cardstock/printer paper – https://amzn.to/41BqnQ0
* Purple StrongGrip Machine Mat 12″ x 12″ – chipboard/polycarbonate – https://amzn.to/3DTVhJ9
* Green StandardGrip Machine Mat 12″ x 12″ – calibrate knife blade, cardstock/printer paper – https://amzn.to/3i0Yhcf
* Craft Knife – https://amzn.to/3lENvxd -AND-
* Self Healing Mat – https://amzn.to/3X5q6mx
* Brayer – https://amzn.to/3sVaHsv
* Painter’s Tape – https://amzn.to/3tQ4e15
* Hot Glue Gun & Glue Sticks – https://amzn.to/3SBHbBB
* Finger Caps – https://amzn.to/3PtMxhb
For optional mirror effect:
* 6″ x 9″ Self-Adhesive Acrylic Mirror – https://amzn.to/3KSIonE AND
* 12″ x 12″ x 0.02″ Polycarbonate – https://amzn.to/3T3bLFX AND
* One-Way Mirror Window Film – https://amzn.to/3mDYvLV OR
* 1 mm Acrylic One-Way/See-Through Mirror – https://amzn.to/3Y7qDUL
* Isopropyl Alcohol – https://amzn.to/3sqqkHq AND
* Soft Cloth – https://amzn.to/3Fizbkn
* Several 3.3′ Fairy Lights – https://amzn.to/38hug6w
* 1 LED Strip Light – https://amzn.to/3ajADHR AND
* Batteries – https://amzn.to/3aE2oee
* Medium 3/8″ Zots Glue Dots – https://amzn.to/3KLnown
* Scissors – https://amzn.to/3uxUqKP
* Ruler & pencil – https://amzn.to/3KZ8YJd
* Scraper – https://amzn.to/3uxUqKP
* Craft Glue – https://jennifermaker.com/bearlyart
* Butcher Paper – https://amzn.to/3Smtpn4
* Inkjet Printer – optional for Print Then Cut images – I used a HP ENVY Photo 7155 – https://amzn.to/3cNRLTT
* Duct Tape – https://amzn.to/3TfMBnW
* Wire Cutters – https://amzn.to/3ZwyzAq
* Tweezers – https://amzn.to/3uxUqKP
* Design # 486 – My free design files (available in my free resource library at https://jennifermaker.com/library )
You can also use a Glowforge laser cutter instead — get one at https://jennifermaker.com/glowforge
+ 1/8″ (3 mm) MDF – https://amzn.to/3zVTFgx
Decorations I used for my Enchanted Forest (links in the blog post at https://jennifermaker.com/diy-book-nook)
* River Rocks
* Moss for the Ground
* Moss for the Trees
* Pine Tree Floral Stems
* Fern Floral Stems
* Greenery Floral Picks
* Daisy Floral Stems
* Mushroom Miniatures
* Bird Miniatures
* Owl Miniatures
* Sticks about 9″ Long
Topics covered in this DIY book nook video:
0:00 – DIY Book Nook on Cricut or Glowforge
2:11 – Supplies & Tools
2:39 – Get My Free Book Nook Design Files
4:17 – Prepare and Cut DIY Book Nook Designs
5:33 – Cut Box Pieces on Heavy Chipboard
10:11 – Cut Polycarbonate for a One-Way Mirror
12:03 – Option 1: Cut Liner Pieces Using Cardstock or Paper
14:09 – Option 2: Print Then Cut Images
14:38 – Assemble Your Book Nook
18:22 – Assemble and Attach the One-Way Mirror
20:43 – Add Decorations
21:51 – Add One-Way Mirror
22:47 – Add Lights, Box Top, Finishing Touches
27:40 – Show it Off
28:05 – Closing Notes, Link to More Information
#cricut #glowforge #booktube
Follow me at:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/jennifermakercrafts
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/cricutcraftersandmakers
Please subscribe to my channel at https://www.youtube.com/c/jennifermaker for more video tutorials to craft a life you love!
Introduction: PixelBytes (my daughter Alexa)
Music: Cute by Bensound (licensed, royalty and copyright free)
Videography: Jennifer and Greg on Panasonic Lumix FZ-1000 DSLR 4K cameras
Audio and Video Editing: Team JenniferMaker
Design: A Jennifer Maker original
11 Replies to “DIY Book Nook Easy on Cricut or Glowforge | Free Pattern + Decor Ideas!”
I have wanted to add one of these to my bookshelf for a while, so I was excited to see this diy project. I started and host an online book club, The Book Bistro, and this is the perfect craft for a book lover. I made an Amazon list, Book Nook, to add all of the items I need to purchase to make the project. I am going to make it at The Girls Craft Weekend this fall, which will give me some time to purchase all of the supplies. Thank you for creating and sharing this project.
On a different subject, I did sub camp and picked up some awesome ideas and tips. Thank you for all these fabulous information.
Oh. My. Goodness!!! Wow… that is amazing!! I am going to take a deep breath and give it a go but, for now…. I am speechless; so beautiful!!!
I can’t wait to make one!
Wow! This is creative!
I love this book nook!!!! I do roomboxes with doll house miniatures
That is so cool! I love it! The infinity mirror is awesome!
I have never heard of Book Nooks, thank you for sharing. I can't wait to make one!!! I am sure I will be addicted to making these!❤
Oh, hey, I watch nerdforge! Love this idea. I'll take 8! Thanks for showing us how to do it.
Nerdeforge is awesome! Love that she inspired you to help us make these! She makes them look so easy! ❤❤❤❤ Once again making things we didn't know that we needed, thanks Jennifer! ????
Comments are closed.