Greetings, YouTube! Welcome to my first video where I show you how to create a DIY reclaimed wood finish ON THE CHEAP!
M A T E R I A L S
– Wood surface ( I’m using an old dining room table )
– Glass jar
– Steel wool
– Paint brushes
– Paper towels
– Mask, Gloves, Goggles
– Tarp or drop-cloth
– Stripping Gel ( I used Citristrip, here- https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=citrustrip&tbm=shop )
– Metal Scraper
– Mineral Spirits
– Sand paper, or sander
– Chalk paint (I used white and grey)
– Protective matte seal (I used a matte wax sealer)
B A S I C D I R E C T I O N S
– Prepare oxidation mixture 3-4 days in advance. Fill glass jar with vinegar 3/4 of the way, then rip steel wool pad into little pieces and soak in vinegar until they dissolve.
– Prep your work area! Put down tarp/drop-cloth and protect your hands, eyes, and mouth with gloves, goggles, and mask when things start flying all over the place.
– Brush on stripping gel and lit sit for the recommending amount of time (30 minutes to 24 hours). May need to repeat this step if all of the previous finish doesn’t come off the first time. Scrape stripping gel and the old finish with a metal scraper.
– Wash surface with mineral spirits, then let dry.
– Sand surface, then clean off dust.
– Apply oxidation mixture. Let dry and clean off dust.
– Apply wash, then immediately wipe away excess. Let dry.
– Lightly sand away any paint or brush strokes left on the high areas of the wood.
– Clean sanding residue and seal!
M Y Y O U T U B E C H A N N E L
O T H E R S O C I A L M E D I A
M Y E T S Y S H O P S
A Bohemian Bazaar- https://www.etsy.com/shop/abohemianbazaar
Leaph Boutique- https://www.etsy.com/shop/leaphboutique