Chef Anna Olson shows you how to bake classic raspberry jellyrolls!
Subscribe for more recipes: http://goo.gl/MJV4af
– 4 large eggs, separated and at room temperature
– ¼ cup icing sugar (32 g), sifted, plus extra for dusting
– 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
– ⅒ tsp salt
– 2 Tbsp (25 g) granulated sugar
– ¾ cup (96 g) cake and pastry flour
– ⅔ cup (160 mL) raspberry jam
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line the bottom of a 15-x-10-inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
2. Place the egg yolks and icing sugar in a large bowl or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment and whip until the yolks have doubled in volume and hold a ribbon when the whip is lifted, about 4 minutes. Whip in the vanilla.
3. In a separate, or cleaned bowl, whip the egg whites with the salt first on low speed until foamy, then increase the speed to high and pour in the granulated sugar, whipping until the whites hold a medium peak.
4. Sift half of the flour into the yolk mixture and fold in using a whisk, then fold in half of the whipped egg whites. Repeat with the remaining flour, and then change to a spatula to fold in the last of the whites until evenly incorporated. Spread the batter into the prepared pan, taking the time to ensure the batter is level.
5. Bake the cake for about 12 minutes, until the cake springs back when gently pressed in the centre. Let the cake cool for about 2 minutes on a cooling rack, then loosen the sides with a spatula. Sift a layer of icing sugar over the surface of the cake and cover with a clean tea towel. Place a second cake pan over the towel and quickly invert the cake, removing the pan it was baked in. Peel off the parchment paper and dust this surface with icing sugar. Roll the cake up from the 10-inch side with the towel and let it cool completely (cooling it rolled sets its “memory” so the cake won’t crack once filled).
6. Stir the raspberry jam to soften. Unroll the cake and spread an even layer of jam over the cake. Roll the cake back up again, dust the top with icing sugar. Cover and store at room temperature until ready to serve.
7. The cake can be prepared up to a day in advance and stored, wrapped and unrefrigerated.
Shop Anna Olson Cookbooks:
– Follow Anna on social media:
Anna’s Official Website: http://annaolson.ca
– Follow Oh Yum on…
Official Oh Yum Website: https://ohyum.tv
24 Replies to “Professional Baker Teaches You How To Make JELLYROLLS!”
What an excellent teacher I followed in strict details your instructions .I read it carefully several times before actual performance and my jelly roll was.perfect instead.of using berry jam I used.pineapple jam .Thanks mam for sharing completely. God.bless.
Where's the recipe to know amounts?
Can someone please recommend a good tea towel brand for rolling? Thanks
I have a questions that I hope you will answer which I know is hard considering you probably receive 100's of comments. In your sponge strawberry cake recipe you whip the egg white and yolks together, yet in the jellyroll recipe, you whip the egg whites and yolks separate. Which way is best? If I wanted to make the sponge chocolate, how much and when do I add it? Thank you! I have learned so much from you.
The sponge cake looks awesome. But why do you use raspberry jam in a jelly roll? The seeds ruin the delicate texture of the sponge.
Is it okay to use all purpose flour?
I've used this video at least three times. My first jellyroll turned out terrific. And the others have been easier and easier. But I always like Anna's cheerful guidance as I move through the process. Excellent video. Very good teaching.
She looks identical to Melissa Joan Hart
I love jelly rolls!
any girl like chefs n wanna get married just hit me up.
horrible recipe. mine came out too thick to spread. what about other liquid? I added some heavy cream. we'll see!! better recipes on line!
Hi mam I watch all your recipes specially cakes. Do you have any eggless recipes for the cakes that you can share would really appreciate. I can’t have any eggs so it would be great.
Why do some recipes whipp all the eggs together
Beautiful! Thank you Anna!
And I love Anna Olson
I am an accomplished home cook and this recipe was a disaster! Everything looked like the video, but it didn’t make enough batter to fill the pan and it was dense. Going back to an old recipe from Jane Citron.
Icing sugar ?
Cake and pastry flour ?
Raspberry jam ⏩
I just love your work ❤️❤️❤️??????
Easiest jelly roll recipe and it is delicious! I filled mine with lemon curd that I'd mixed with softly whipped cream. OMG! Thank you, Anna! So glad I found your channel.
Люблю Анну Олсон. Аккуратно делает и ингредиенты по российским продуктам отлично подходят. Этот рулет я точно так же делаю. Прямо как шеф)
I'm really stumped on one of your ingredients and I know that this video was a little older. Could you please advise me what the ratio is of cake flour to pastry flour in this recipe so I can then make it I guess. Please excuse my inexperience. Thank you very much
Do the towel need to be wet please?
You are amazing I love all your recipes ❤️
My mom used to make this when we were kids
Comments are closed.