After our last episode, Jeremy and Jon find a new kitchen and whip up a batch of delicious vegan fettuccine alfredo. Then a bunch of zombies crash the party and its time for our heroes to survive.
For full recipe Download our E-Book http://full.sc/1aixyfO
Hard copy Cook & Survive http://full.sc/1aw0wfx
T shirts http://bit.ly/1ploouo
Subscribe to The Vegan Zombie
The Vegan Zombie
On the run and at a new kitchen we bring you vegan fettuccine alfredo. Yeah, it’s real good!
Make your own baked tofu http://full.sc/1bKy5t4
serves 4 to 5 / time 60 min
3 Tbs flour unbleached
6 Tbs olive oil
1 small onion diced
½ lb baked tofu
1 ½ to 2 cups shiitake mushrooms sliced
1/4 cup capers
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp sage dried
1/2 tsp thyme dried
2 cloves garlic grated
2 ½ to 3 cups almond milk
1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
1 scallion thinly sliced
1 lb vegan fettuccine
1. Bring pot of water to a boil for fettuccine.
2. Heat 3 Tbs oil in large frying pan on medium heat. Add onion, mushrooms, tofu and capers. Sauté for 5 min. Stir in garlic and continue to sauté for another 5 min.
3. Heat 3 Tbs of oil on medium heat in separate saucepan. Add flour and stir together to make a roux, about 3 or 4 min. Stir in almond milk, salt, pepper, sage and thyme. Turn heat to high and bring to a boil while stirring frequently.
4. Take frying pan with tofu mixture off heat and deglaze with apple cider vinegar. Put half of the mixture in a bowl and set aside and put the other half in the Alfredo sauce. Stir everything together.
5. Turn Alfredo sauce down to a low heat and simmer for about 30 min so it thickens up. Add about 90 percent of the scallion to the sauce and stir in.
6. Add fettuccine noodles to boiling pot of water. Boil until noodles are al dente. Remove from water and strain.
7. Scoop portion of pasta to saucepan and add desired sauce. Mix around to cover pasta in sauce. Transfer to a plate and garnish with the sautéed tofu mushroom mix and some scallion.