“Put responsibly sourced, super-succulent Scottish salmon centre stage with this easy-peasy idea that packs in maximum flavour with minimum fuss”
To discover more of chef Chris Baber’s delicious (and wallet-friendly) family-favourite recipes, click here: https://www.marksandspencer.com/c/food-to-order/chris-baber/feed-your-family
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
1.5kg Maris Piper potatoes, cut into 2cm chunks
4 M&S salmon fillets
1 pack (600g) M&S leeks, chopped
1 pot (300ml) M&S lighter crème fraiche
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1 tbsp mustard
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C fan/180°C/gas mark 4.
2. Add the potatoes to a baking tray, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Toss together to coat evenly.
3. Roast for 40 minutes until crispy, stirring halfway through.
4. Place the salmon onto a separate, lined baking tray, season well and then place in the oven for the final 12 minutes of the potatoes’ cooking time.
5. For the creamy leeks, heat 1 tbsp olive oil or butter in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
6. Add the leeks, season with salt and pepper and fry for 8-10 minutes until they soften, stirring occasionally.
7. Reduce the heat to low and stir in 1-2 tablespoons of the crème fraiche, lemon zest and mustard. Season to taste and add a splash of water if you prefer a slightly looser sauce.
8. To serve, divide the crispy potatoes between the serving plates, add a spoonful of the creamy leeks, layer the salmon on top and finish with lemon juice.
A note from Chris:
“The potato season in the UK is well underway, with M&S growers busy harvesting delicious Maris Pipers, which are perfect to enjoy with my succulent RSPCA assured M&S Scottish salmon and British leeks, grown by M&S Select Farmer Trevor Edgeley in Cambridgeshire.”
5 Replies to “Chris' Scottish Salmon with Creamy leeks & Crispy Potatoes | M&S FOOD”
i cant wait to try i am prepping it now
Hope he is not using Scottish farmed Salmon. I watch every day as fish farmers pour thousands of liters of Formaldehyde over the fish in the cages to treat disease. They also inject every fish with anti biotics at least twice in there very short force fed lives. Toxic farmed Salmon is NOT healthy eating its mass produced in horrific conditions and after they have burnt the lice and scrapped the fungus off tv/utube chefs show you how to make dinner with it !!
M & S are a disgrace selling this toxic food with farms losing billions of fish every day due to disase and lice still M & S promote this as "sustainable". I have watched as they have farmed a loch to extinction where they cant even keep there own fish alive for more than a few weeks. irisponsibly sourced more like.. These are not even Scottish the eggs are reared from Norwegian fish grown is Scotland.. When last did anyone see or taste a true Scottish Salmon.. SHAME ON YOU SHARKS AND SPENCERS
Chris can feed me whenever he likes
What mustard do you use?
Yummy food! Don't get to cook with leeks often.
Comments are closed.