In this hair dye tutorial, I’m going to show you how to dye your hair red without using bleach and damaging it too much. This is an easy hair coloring process to turn your dark virgin black hair or dyed brown hair to a bright red color. I’m using L’Oreal Excellence HiColor Highlights in Magenta with a 30 volume developer. Magenta is a cool toned down pink-red, but if you’d like something warmer and more predominantly red, then I’d recommend going Loreal Hicolor Highlights in “Red.” I’ve tried that on my sister’s virgin black hair before, and it turned out very well! 🙂 I love this magenta hair dye – the results remind me of the beautiful red color Ariana Grande had in the show “Victorious.” I hope this was helpful and feel free to check out additional tips I have below. You can also visit my other hair coloring tutorials! 🙂
✘ NuMe 40% OFF Deal: http://goo.gl/nqA5TX
Get 40% OFF most tools + Free U.S. shipping
*Ends 04/01/16. Discount will be applied at checkout
Dye Black Hair Brown Without Bleach/Brassiness ✘http://youtu.be/suqUnaUyh00
Garnier Reflective Auburn Black Hair Dye ✘http://youtu.be/6cYKs1hBIGw
My Red Streak (Bleaching Hair) ✘http://youtu.be/D-AgeRzCbwY
✘ L’Oreal Excellence HiColor Highlights in MAGENTA: http://amzn.to/1SNLitm
✘Ion Sensitive Scalp Developer (30 Volume, 32oz):
✘ Plastic Bowl & Brush (any will do!): http://amzn.to/1obcjK6
✔Tips on dyeing your hair at home:
1. Leave your hair unwashed for a few days before dyeing your hair. Your natural oils will help to protect your hair from the harsh chemicals. You can also condition/moisturize your hair with coconut oil beforehand.
2. You should wear a shirt you don’t mind getting dirty because this hair dye stains A LOT! You can rub Vaseline along your hairline to prevent the dye from staining your skin. Remember to cover your floor or it’ll be a mess.
3. Hair dye develops faster at your roots because it’s newly grown hair and there’s heat there. Thus, your roots will turn out brighter if you color it at the same time as the rest of your hair. To have better results, you can divide your hair into 4 sections and try the method I showed in the video.
4. To get a deep and rich hair color, you should saturate your hair well with the hair dye. If your hair is long and thick, you may need 3-4 boxes of dye.
5. If possible, get someone to help you apply the dye. Since they can see the back of your head better, they’ll make sure that you won’t miss a spot.
6. If you’re unsure about how the results will turn out, you can do a test section first. Mix a little dye with developer and apply it on a section of your hair from top to bottom. Then, foil this off for 30 minutes and rinse. The results will give you a better idea of how the dye will react to your hair.
7. If you think you’ll be sensitive to the chemicals, then do an allergy test first.
8. The dye may react differently on your hair than it does on mine, so take that into consideration. For best results, do tons of research first.
Good luck! 🙂
✔ SUBSCRIBE to my channel! http://goo.gl/3M9ZUV
I love to make hair tutorials for quick and easy hairstyles. On my channel, you’ll find many cute and simple everyday hairstyles for school and casual occasions. You’ll also find formal hairdos for weddings, Homecoming, Prom, birthday parties, dinner dates, and other special events. Whether you’re looking for a new way to wear your ponytails, half up half down hairstyles, elegant updos, romantic side hairstyles, or overnight heatless curls or waves, you’ve come to the right place! If you’re enjoying my videos, make sure to subscribe for more! 🙂
CONNECT WITH ME! (◠‿◠)✌
FACEBOOK ✉ http://Facebook.com/x3Thuha
INSTAGRAM ✉ http://instagram.com/x3thuha#
TUMBLR ✉ http://x3Haha.Tumblr.com
BUSINESS INQUIRIES ✉ x3Haha@yahoo.com
Thank you for watching and supporting my channel! Have a wonderful day.
Disclaimer: This video is not sponsored. “✘” links are affiliate links. This means that if you purchase through them, I’ll receive a small commission that goes back to supporting my YouTube channel. I only share and work with brands that I love. All opinions expressed are honest and my own. ^^