Find more cover letter tips: https://go.indeed.com/cg_howto_from_coverletter
Get started with free cover letter templates: https://go.indeed.com/free_cover_letter_templates
Not sure how to write a cover letter? In this video, we walk through each part of a cover letter sample, explain how a cover letter boosts your application and review the best cover letter format. Since cover letters are a chance to say why you’re a great fit for a role and how a job links to your professional goals or background, they’re worth the extra effort. Remember, the smallest moves are sometimes the smartest!
Follow this easy format for a great cover letter:
1. Header: Include the date, your name, address, and other contact information
2. Greeting: Try to address the hiring manager by name. If you can’t, use “Dear Hiring Manager”.
3. First Paragraph: This is your attention getter! Enthusiastically tell the employer why you’re applying for the job. Include why you’re excited and how the role lines up with your career goals. Make your cover letter stand out with these powerful starters: https://go.indeed.com/7-powerful-cover-letter-starts
4. Middle Paragraph: This is where you get to dig into your most relevant experience. Don’t simply repeat the bullet points on your resume; highlight your specific qualifications and skills that make you a perfect fit for the job.
5. Third Paragraph: Thank the employer and take this opportunity to clarify any potential questions like long gaps in employment. Be sure to thank the employer and close with a complimentary, but formal close and signature. See more examples of how to close a cover letter: https://go.indeed.com/cover_letter_closer_examples
5. Make sure to proofread your cover letter. Use this cover letter checklist before hitting submit: https://go.indeed.com/cover-letter-checkllist
Watch more episodes of Smart & Small: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bZi-34IFxs&list=PL6qIzGkkiXFFGIZ09uOBn4JAGYdooXxfP
Search for your next job: https://www.indeed.com/
Indeed is the world’s #1 job site, with over 250 million unique visitors* every month from over 60 different countries. We provide free access to search and apply for jobs, post your resume, research companies, and compare salaries. Every day, we connect millions of people to new opportunities. On our YouTube channel, you’ll find tips and personal stories to help you take the next step in your job search.
*Google Analytics, Unique Visitors, September 2018
**Terms, conditions and quality standards apply.
#coverletter #howtowriteacoverletter #coverletterformat
21 Replies to “How to Write a Cover Letter”
Excellent video, straight to the point with great examples and extremely easy to follow!
This was perfect, thank you!
I still have NO idea what to write, but at least I understand the format. Wish these things were taught in schooling.
Such a Clear and Simple Video. Great Work!.
This was all i was looking for. Not those 10 minute videos
Cover letter is the same as application letter??
Quick, easy and to the point. Like it alot!
7,000th like apparently ?
Hopefully this information can help me snag an IT job.
I'm using this to study
as a job seeker who is actively looking a job, watching this video helps me a lot on writing my own cover letters ? thank you so much for this cover letter writing tips, Indeed! ?
Apart from this precious information, Can you tell how such animations are made please?
is 280 words to much?
Thanks for the tips u shared
Thank you I kinda struggle with forming a good cover letter
this videos are great to have enough knowledge about Indeed
These types of formats for teaching are needed now more than ever before in this day and age.
This is simple and great.
Thank you so much. Very helpful
Why she got a fupa?
WHAT AN INCREDIBLE VIDEO. Easy to understand and straightforward
Comments are closed.