This week, we are celebrating one of my biggest obsessions: DONUTS! I’m making 3 different donut cakies including some of my favorite flavors; chocolate, coffee, cakefetti and cinnamon spice! You are gonna learn how to level up simple desserts with easy tips and tricks, and make them not only taste great, but also look EPIC!
MY ULTIMATE VANILLA CAKE 3 WAYS!
???? 3 3/4 cups all purpose flour
???? 3 3/4 tsp baking powder
???? 3/4 tsp table salt
???? 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
???? 3 cups white granulated sugar
???? 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
???? 6 large eggs, room temperature
???? 1 1/2 cups whole milk, room temperature
???? 1/4 cup rainbow nonpareils
???? 1/4 cup cinnamon spice mixture (2 Tbsp sugar + 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon + pinch of nutmeg)
???? 2 Tbsp espresso powder
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line the bottom of each cake pan with parchment paper.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 8 minutes.
3. Add the eggs, two at a time, beating until each addition is incorporated before adding the next. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula when necessary.
4. Add the flour mixture in four parts, alternating with the milk in three parts, beating just until each addition is incorporated before adding the next; do not overmix.
5. Divide the batter into three separate bowls (about 1 1/2 pounds of batter per bowl). Use a rubber spatula to incorporate any add-ins. Scrape the batter into the prepared pans and spread it so that it is smooth in the pans.
6. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes for the 8-inch pans, rotating the pan(s) halfway through.
7. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely in the pan(s). Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Loosen the edges with a straight spatula, invert the pan(s) to remove the cake, and peel off the parchment.
You can find the recipes for my Italian Meringue Buttercream and Simple Syrups in my book Layer Up! Grab your own copy ➡️ https://howtocakeit.com/products/layer-up-by-yolanda-gampp
Welcome to How To Cake It with Yolanda Gampp. Yolanda is your expert guide to transforming everyday ingredients into incredible, novelty cakes like her famous Watermelon Cake. Each episode showcases the step-by-step process of creating unique and tasty treats, from layered buttercream cakes to amazing cake boards! Yolanda shares recipes, tips, and tricks on using Simple Syrup, carving, icing, applying and painting fondant, and elevating any cake’s appearance. You’ll also learn how to make the perfect chocolate cake, vanilla buttercream and much more! Leave a comment with your cake idea and you may just see it on the channel! New videos every Tuesday at 11am EST.
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/HowToCakeIt
Twitter – https://twitter.com/yolanda_gampp
Instagram – http://instagram.com/yolanda_gampp
Instagram – http://instagram.com/howtocakeit
Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/yolanda_gampp
MY BASIC RECIPES:
My Italian meringue buttercream – http://bit.ly/YosItalianMeringueRecipe
My Ultimate Vanilla Cake – http://bit.ly/YOsVanillaCakeRecipe
My Simple Syrup – http://bit.ly/YOsSimpleSyrupRecipe
My Ultimate Vanilla Cake – http://bit.ly/YosVanillaCake
My Italian meringue buttercream – http://bit.ly/YOsButtercream
Learn ALL my Basic Recipes Here – http://bit.ly/RecipeBoxVids
#baking #cake #noveltycakes