Simple Bhuna Chicken | Bhuna Chicken Fry | Bhuna Chicken Masala | Dhaba Style Chicken Bhuna | चिकन भुना मसाला | Chicken Bhuna | How To Make Chicken Bhuna Masala | Chicken Bhuna Fry | Chicken Curry
Ingredients for Simple Bhuna Chicken:
(Tsp- Teaspoon; Tbsp- Tablespoon )
– Chicken – 500 gas (with bones)
– Red Chillies-4
– Bay leaves-2
– Black cardamom-2
– Green Cardamom-3
– Cinnamon- 2
– Cloves- 5
– Black Peppercorns- 8
– Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
– Garlic cloves – 10-12 (around 3 tsp)
– Ginger chopped- 1 tsp
– Green chillies-1-2 (cut into 1/2 inch pieces)
– Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
– Red Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
– Coriander Powder- 1 tsp
– Cumin powder- 1/2 tsp
– Kashmiri Chilli Powder- 1/2 tsp
– Salt- 1 tsp
– Garam Masala Powder- 1/2 tsp
– Onions sliced- 200 gms (2 large, each weighing 100 gms)
– Oil- 5-6 tbsp
– Slice the onions and set aside.
– To prepare the paste, peel and chop the ginger, garlic and green chillies and add these to a grinder/blender. Grind it into a rough paste, do not add water.
– Heat around 5-6 tbsp oil in a kadhai and add the whole spices, dried red chillies & cumin seeds.
– Give a stir and then add the sliced onions. Give a mix and then add 1/4 tsp salt.
– Mix and fry on medium heat for 5 mins, stirring off & on and then cover & cook for another 10 mins till the onions are brown & caramelized. (Remove the lid once after 5 mins, give a stir and then put the lid back. This is required for even browning/caramelization of the onions.)
– Now add the Garlic-Ginger-Green chilli paste, mix and fry on low heat for around 2 mins.
– Now add the chicken pieces and the turmeric powder & cook on medium low heat for around 5 mins till the chicken is light brown and changes colour.
– Now add all the spice powders and 3/4 tsp salt. Fry 1 min on medium heat and then cover & cook on low heat.
– Keep cooking covered & on low heat for around 15 mins. Remove the lid after every 5 mins, give a stir and add splashes of water. Place the lid again. This will help the chicken get tender and the gravy will become brown.
– Now add 1/2 tsp Garam Masala powder, mix and bhunno/sear on medium to high heat for around 5 mins till the chicken pieces are browned & the gravy leaves oil & is browned.
#bhunachicken #chickenbhunamasala #bhunachickenfry #bhunachicken #chickenbhunarecipe #spiceeats #spiceeatsrecipes #spiceeatschicken