– 600g beef fillet, sliced thin (rump will also work well)
– 1 brown onion, sliced thin lengthways
– 200g button mushrooms, sliced
– 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
– 50g butter
– 2 tbsp flour
– 400ml beef stock
– 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
– 1 tbsp dijon mustard
– 3 tbsp sour cream
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Egg noodles to serve
1. In a large frying pan, heat the oil and seal your beef in batches until they have good colour.
2. Once all the beef is sealed off, remove from the frypan and set aside.
3. Add the onions to the pan and sauté until they have some colour and start to soften.
4. Add the mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes.
5. Next, add the flour and stir well. Once all the flour is stirred through, pour in the beef stock and mix until you don’t have any lumps.
6. Cook for 10 minutes or until the sauce is nice and thick.
7. At the Worcestershire sauce, mustard and sour cream and mix well.
8. Add the beef back to the pan and stir through.
9. Serve with buttered egg noodles and enjoy!